Rachel Barrow is a qualified professional Medical Herbalist. She gained a Level IV Diploma in Medical Herbalism with Distinction from The Blackford Centre in March 2015. The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. Rachel is fully insured and can legally offer advice to the general public.
Rachel uses a Traditional Western Herbalism approach. Please click here for more details.
Rachel has always had a keen interest in nature and healing. Prior to becoming a Medical Herbalist, Rachel spent four years teaching Geography in Secondary Schools, then worked as a Development Worker in a Centre for Adults with Special Needs. Rachel decided to pursue a career in Medical Herbalism after successfully managing her own personal health issues, and seeing first hand the benefits that her family and friends experienced from the healing properties of herbs.
Rachel keeps up to date with current research and has offered helpful advice to a number of clients with a range of health issues.
Rachel Barrow :
- has a current, clean, fully-enhanced DBS check (the new CRB certificate).
- treats all information confidentially.
- has a First Aid at Work Certificate.
- uses a holistic approach, considering all the aspects of the individual client to support good health and well-being.
- is fully insured
- You should seek advice from a medical professional if your health concern is of a serious or life-threatening nature. Herbal consultations are not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Medical herbalists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions. They cannot prescribe drugs.